The South Cotswolds primary care network is working hard to provide as many covid-19 boosters as we possibly can at our vaccine hub at Cirencester hospital.
We are boosting our capacity in line with the recent request from the government to accelerate the vaccine program due to the emergence of the omicron variant. The changes to the eligibility criteria mean that there are now many thousands of eligible patients in the south Cotswolds.
- Everyone over the age of 18 will be eligible for a booster vaccine 3 months after their second dose.
- 16-18 year olds can be vaccinated at Cirencester hospital but must have at least 12 weeks between first and second dose.
- 16-18 year olds are only eligible for a booster if they are classed as clinically extremely vulnerable.
- A very small number of severely immunocompromised patients are eligible for a “third primary” dose at least 8 weeks after their 2nd – the list of eligible patients can be found at: GOV: Severely immunocompromised patient boosters (PDF) these patients will be eligible for a 4th (booster) dose 3 months after their 3rd dose.
- 12-15 year olds vaccines are being provided by the schools vaccination service.
To help us access the most people the most quickly we will be calling patients in a strict order of priority.
Please do not contact the surgery to book a vaccine we will contact you when it is your turn. We need to keep the phone lines clear so that people who are unwell can get hold of us.
If you have a concern about your eligibility it would really help us if you submitted your query via the website in order to keep the phones clear.
You can get further information about eligibility and book your covid-19 vaccine at local pharmacy sites and mass vaccination sites via the national booking system at NHS: Book or manage coronavirus vaccine